curious-me's Diaryland Diary


Surprisingly....I'm still smilling

You know you're old when it's 11:30 on a Friday night and you're all 'wow, it's 11:30, I'm up so late!". Sad just sad. I'll just go ahead and blame it on the day I had.

It's Friday so I was pretty psyched once I finally managed to get myself out of bed and dressed. I zoomed in to get my morning coffee only to find 2 big trucks blocking my way into the drive-thru. So I parked my car and ran in - through the rain I might add - and grabbed my medium coffee (medium cause they still have the contest cups in that size). Then it was off to work and a day with no boss!

My morning flew by pretty fast as I was quite busy. It pretty much came to a stand still when I got an email from the hubby telling me his car was kaput. It wouldn't start. Great. Just Great. Remember that whole timing entry a few days ago? And we don't have two dimes to rub together. Yah. Perfect timing. Our game plan was for me to pick him up from home once I was done work and we would take the car to the garage. I made a few phone calls and found out the garage of course closes at 5pm. So I made a quick decision and left work on my lunch and called caa and went to meet the tow truck driver. Of course life could not be that simple - oh no.

It seems that caa won't send a tow truck driver until they have a tec come and look at the car and then declare it still worthy of a tow. So basically it doubles your time waiting for a tow. The tec did manage to get my car started....and once I removed the key from the ignition...the car remained on. Hmmm. I'm no mechanic but I'm pretty sure that's not a good thing. He finally pulled a fuse and quickly called for a tow truck. The tow truck driver was a decent guy who was pissed at the tecs and claimed them useless. I then followed him to the garage (after helping him push my car so he could get it onto the truck bed). The garage is one that T uses and swears by the guy. I have visited him a couple times and he is the nicest guy who doesn't seem to charge people unnecessarily.

While I sat there waiting for a quick diagnosis (if there was one) the alarm kept going off in the car. And I didn't have the gadget to stop it since Keith took it off my key ring as his broke. They finally asked me permission to disable it. I have no idea if they will re-enable it. I left there after giving them my cell number to call once they figured out what was wrong. I never did receive a call. No news is good news right? I wish.

Once home the hubby and I eventually headed out for dinner at a place that wasn't fast food for once. We came back and managed to have a pretty darn good night despite everything. We watched Survivor, had some beer (2 weekends in a row for me!) and then had some good ol' fashioned sex on the basement floor (don't worry it's carpeted...although I think I may have rugburn on my butt/back/knees now). We also ran upstairs when we heard rain pouring down and heard thunder pounding the skies. We only got to see a few flashes of lightening but it was pretty neat to sit in the dark on the couch just watching the sky and talking. God, I love moments like that.

Well I think we are off to bed now. Keith may have to get up at 6am for work (he will find out if the phone rings at 6) otherwise it is going to be non stop cleaning for us tomorrow. Luckily it's not really clutter cleaning just surface cleaning. The bathroom needs a good ol' scrubbing but besides that I think we'll be okay.

Oh and just for the record - the truce with my boss? Is SO over she is back to being the big C word. Yup. That one. Even from another office she can still piss me off big time. I knew it was just a matter of time

(Does anyone else randomly click on people in the user box? Just me? Hm)

11:30 p.m. - 2008-04-11


previous - next

latest entry

about me





random entry

other diaries: