curious-me's Diaryland Diary


Bouncing along... it's been a while. Okay only 7 days but it seems like for-evah.

Not too much to dish on though. I've been adjusting to life without a boss at work. Actually I kind of forget about it until I....think of it. I just feel like she's on vacation. I'm sure when we have our team x-mas party this Thursday it will really kick in that she's gone and not just on vacay. She's doing okay I hear. Better than the first couple days when she was a wreck - what can you expect when you worked for the same company for 20 years and this is what happens?

Anywho in other news, I was worried that I would have a hard time getting back into the x-mas spirit but it seems I bounce back pretty easy. I had a wicked shopping day this past Friday and pretty much have all our shopping done. Of course it's sitting around in bags filling our basement so I still have a lot of wrapping to do but for me that's the fun part and I don't want to just 'fit' it in sometime. I love sitting on the floor and feeling different parts of my body go numb and losing the tape/scissors/pen every time I put them down. Seriously I really do love it.

We got our tree this past weekend. We chopped it down ourselves! By the time we found the perfect tree it was dark and freezing but I was still on cloud 9. We set it up and left it over night to 'settle in'. I woke up feeling like a truck ran over me on Sunday morning. I did eventually rally myself enough to decorate the tree. I threw in 'Elf' and decorated the heck out of our tree. Then I was done. I was wiped. I was in bed by 9:30. Luckily I woke up feeling 80% better which I consider a success. I've been sucking back some cold preventive stuff that Keith swears by. So far so good! I told Keith it's not all that fun calling in sick when you know you're not aggravating your boss!

Right now I am waiting for my first load of laundry to finish drying so I can throw in the other one. I had all weekend to do my laundry (and yes I even had the time but...I didn't do it).

Oh yah I saw my doctor on Friday and my blood pressure was good the first time he took it! I told him it was even a little higher than normal (his office always kicks it up a notch). He asked about the blood sugar and I told him it's been good - the odd spike when I eat stuff I know I shouldn't. I told him I was only doing a half pill a day rather than a whole like he said. So of course he whipped out a little sheet and is sending me for a blood test so he can assess me. Bah. I'm not sure when I'll go as he told me at first to go when the pills were done which would be normally 3 months but is now gonna be 6. So he told me to go sooner rather than later. Which what the hell does that mean? Go now? Go in the 3 months I would normally be going? I told Keith I was thinking of going at the end of January. We all know that December is gonna have it's sucky parts - helloooo turkey dinners! But I can kick it up big time come January and be an A+ student when I get the test done. I think that's what I'm gonna do. I monitor my numbers every day and they are good.

Well I think it's time to switch the laundry and then head to bed - where I'm sure I will finish watching the Grinch and be asleep at 10:01! (Ha)

9:15 p.m. - 2009-12-07


previous - next

latest entry

about me





random entry

other diaries: